Frequently Asked Questions
- Our company encompasses the philosophy that the superior organization understands what is right while the inferior organization understands what will sell. We provide the highest level of innovative design, quality, service, attention to detail, and, most importantly, integrity. Our team is comprised of talented and dedicated individuals who love what they do and demand likewise of those beside them.
- We are a full-service design, fabrication and installation company, taking pride in the ability to take your project from concept to final installation.
- Over the past 20 years, we have built a solid reputation for delivering projects with a focus on detail and quality, while ensuring installation and delivery is on time and done right.
- Although we are extremely well-versed in project code requirements, we are more than just a sign company. We also work closely with design teams and architects to achieve impactful results on projects that require unique specialty architectural elements and custom fabrication.
- Working with General Contractors is one of our specialties. At crunch time, typically at the end of the overall project, BIG always delivers—regardless of unexpected scope or timeline changes.
- We believe in partnerships with our clients. At BIG, we don’t just want satisfied clients. Our goal is to consistently exceed expectations, so our clients become our advocates within the industry.
- Our focus is on quality. BIG offers a robust Quality Control procedure beginning with an in-process fabrication review, pre-install QC and an in the field post-install QC. We take this step to ensure client satisfaction and support our desire to continuously maintain and improve our level of service.
- We view our installation professionals as client ambassadors. They are the ones ensuring your satisfaction with the end result of the project. BIG supports their efforts through continuous education and investment in a fully stocked, professional fleet of installation vehicles.
- BIG offers a 2-year warranty compared to the industry standard of 1 year.
What services do you provide?
- Consultation & Needs Assessment – We provide you with a full understanding of the signage and branding process as it relates to your custom needs.
- Design Build Services – We take your vision from concept to completion.
- Contract Design Services – Our internal design team has vast experience and industry knowledge to provide an unparalleled design for your signage and branding needs.
- Turnkey Project Management – Your Account Executive paired with one of our Project Managers provide turnkey service to effectively manage every aspect of your project.
- Fabrication – We have two manufacturing facilities in Austin, Tx as well as multiple partnerships nationally & internationally to provide you with the highest quality products through various innovative processes.
- Installation – We have a large network of professional sign installation techs, both in the U.S. as well as internationally.
How do I request a quote?
What does BIG need from me in order to fulfill my quote request?
- Each request may bring unique requirements which will be communicated to you through your designated Account Executive. A site inspection may be required in order to provide you with a proposal. In order to determine this, please be prepared to share the following items with us for discussion in our initial phone consultation.
- Vector Logos & Artwork
- Color Specifications
- Corporate Branding Guidelines
- Project Photos
- Floor Plans
- Elevation Drawings
- Landlord Signage Criteria
- Purchasing Protocols
How soon can I get a quote?
- Your Account Executive will advise you of a proposal turnaround time once the initial consultation is complete and all required information has been received and reviewed by our project team.
How much will my sign cost?
- So many factors can affect the total cost, and not all of them may be within your control. Budget is one of the first parameters we attempt to understand when we begin your design because many different materials may be implemented, depending on the level of quality your project demands. During the design stage, we will take your ideas and wishes, couple them with our knowledge of fabrication and materials, and present a proposal that uniquely embodies your project's overall objectives and demands.
What are your lead times for completion and installation?
- Because most of our projects are custom or specialty projects, our lead times look different for every project. Our project teams possess the skills to create a milestone timeline and stay on track. We strive to deliver your project on time, every time.
- Upon award, all projects are thoroughly vetted by BIG’s Department Managers. This includes review of current in-progress projects, bandwidth, and resources. Once vetting has been completed, a timeline will be provided by your Account Executive.
- Rush service is often an option for projects with extremely tight delivery timelines. Rush projects are considered on a case by case basis and are determined by our current bandwidth and resources.
My installation is complete, what’s next?
- QC Process & Client Follow Up – Upon project completion, we deploy our Quality Control Manager to ensure you have received all components associated with your project and that fabrication quality and installation are superior. Our internal Customer Relations Manager will then engage you to obtain any feedback you are willing to share with us. We take this back to our team in an effort to maintain and improve our level of service.
- Warranty - We provide a 2-Year Warranty. We take great pride in designing and producing signs that will perform beyond the call of duty. We specify only the best materials available, and our products are inspected to ensure that the highest standards of quality are met before a job leaves our shop. BIG must be notified of a product failure prior to taking any action to repair a sign to ensure the warranty remains valid.
- BQ Standard Ordering Process – Many projects will require us to create and maintain a streamlined ordering process for certain sign types, i.e., tenant plaques, directory strips, etc. We have created a streamlined ordering process we call BIG Quick (BQ) that ensures quick turn times on items subject to repeat changes as tenants move in and out.
What geographic areas do you service?
- Most of our work is done in Texas, including Austin, DFW, Houston and the surrounding areas. However, we have the ability to deliver and install anywhere within the continental U.S. and abroad through our vast network of fabrication and installation partnerships.